Monday, June 11, 2012

Putting into practice - the toughest

I am always inclined towards ideals mentioned in Bhagavat Geeta, and "wanted" to practice it in my life. Especially the main essence "To work for the cause and do not work expecting the results". Though it is in my thought all the time, it seems the recent events proved that it is actually NOT. So what is that?

There was a idea submitting competition called IIDA in Tampere, Finland which invites ideas from students and researchers about product or service innovations.
The first time I had participated in it was on March 2009, when I just joined the college. Unfortunately I could not submit my idea & business plan within the contest deadline (as I started working on it only a week back). But gave it a try still by sending my idea a day after the deadline. The organizers told that it is not possible to accept it and promised to send feedback though. I also got the feedback as promised.

Again, I came up with a good idea  (in my opinion though ;-) to submit for this year (2012) contest and worked on it well ahead.. But this time I had noted the deadline date as April 14th while it was April 12th. When I tried to submit my idea, the form threw error.. Deadline over!Ah, same story again this time!
Still I sent my idea through email on April 13th and got the reply that mine will be considered. From then, I used to check often news and updates about that contest and look forward to results. I did this so often, that I got really obsessed about it.
I have neither worked on improving my idea nor implementing some prototype of it, in the coming weeks.

On the day of result, I found that I am not one among winners/runners. I did not feel bad, for I was not looking for winner/runner prize, but a platform or support from them to build up my idea and help me in implementing it.

My introspection later, made me understood that the obsession I had over this contest, had prevented me from working on my concept and try implementing by my own. Though I believe, in working for the cause and not results, I had not put that into practice. That was the reason, I wasted my energy in knowing about the contest news and results and did not channel it properly to the actual cause of my work.

I pray God to bestow me His grace and make me put the ideals into practice. In Sanskrit there is a word called "Anushtanam" which means, incorporate it one's lives. I am keep reminding myself with this word, which would hopefully get me to the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment