Friday, December 22, 2017

Joy of Learning & Experimenting & Executing

The year 2017 had been a wonderful year, where I could say I have accomplished some of the personal goals I have  set myself (not really goals, but like to do-s).

I always wanted to do composting and not let the useful vegetable & fruit waste get into landfills. I was a bit reluctant all these years to take this action of composting, as I was not sure if I can do it, I will get place to do it and moreover if my family can support it. After ensuring the above three check points can be made possible, I ordered one Gobble Composter from dailydump during mid 2017. Now all my family members including my little son and daughter do not throw any veggie or fruit waste to dustbin and put them instead to our compost bin. Though it took me sometime to get into the routine of collecting waste from compost bin and putting them to composter and spend 10-15 mins every weekend, to swap the composter bins and all, I was really happy to see the mature organic compost  after 2 months.. I was surprised to see that I have harvested 5 kgs of compost in my first attempt.
My terrace plants are now happy to be fed with our home compost.. what a happy moment it is :-)









The second learning I could achieve and keep learning is Tailoring.. Now that my daughter Meera has a strong liking towards dresses and dressing up, I thought if I learn Tailoring I could make many good custom made dresses for her and joined a weekend tailoring class. (The trigger was also because of the cost of stitching small girl dresses in the shops.. its very costly.)

Here is the first best one from my stitches.. will add more as and when they are ready!




Hope the joy of my learning keep growing all the coming years. Something good to reflect upon as the year winds up.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, best wishes to everyone to kick start with your personal goals and happy learning!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your own compost for plants is great!
    And tailoring is a great skill. Well done Vidhya!
    Keep going :)

    Nethra

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes manni all your wordings and actions are truly an inspiration and motivation for me

    ReplyDelete