Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Musical Harmony
Chennai Sangamam... Thiruvizha, Namma theru vizha - a series of art & folk performances in a week, was a real gift for the people in Chennai.. I was one among those who enjoyed the show.. Applaudes to the Tamil Maiyam and Tamil Nadu Tourism who organised it.. A good effort taken to promote Tamil arts, literature and culture. The Mozart meets India event was awesome, an effort to present Indian Ragas integrated with Western symphony. Also the folk performances, Sudha Ragunathan concert were good. Lastly I attended UnniKrishnan's concert and startled to see a scene when I was listening.. A Christian Sister was beside me and she was enjoying Alaypayuthe kanna, Theeratha Vilayatu pillai songs with devout interest. I could see from her face, how well she gets united with the music that the lyrics does not bother her at all.. Perhaps she might be so broadminded that she could see Jesus in these songs. I was wondering why there are religious rivals, when we have people like her...

2 comments:

  1. Vidhya.. you have increased my "desire to come to Chennai" lotss through your blogs dee. I am talking about all your previous blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naanum Natesan park(morning) & AnnaNagar tower(evening) la Chennai Sangamam kettu, kandu magizhnthean. Nalla nigazhchi... ithu thodaravendum

    ReplyDelete