Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ever thought about ample free time?



Yes, I had thought about it during my childhood days.. When I study during my school & college days for mid-term tests and exams, my mind used to go behind various interesting things; starting from TV shows, eating delicacies, learning new sports or skills, vacation with relatives to the more "useful" ones reading general books, quiz books, going to library and many more, except concentrating on the course subject. I would try hard to side out those thoughts and concentrate on the subject. I would tell myself that let me do all those things during my holidays after exams. And, yes as the exams gets completed and with the whole 2 months of holidays in front of me, I get completely immersed in playing, watching TV and other things and completely forget my thoughts on "Useful holidays ideas" ;-)

Our school & college days is entirely different from our current working life. But, "I" am the same person now, as I was during my school & college days.. When I am my completely busy with my work assignments, I used to get many more ideas of improving my C skills, learning new technical concepts, try out some hobbies etc.. But now... what happens when I have ample free time?? My mind is not inclined to do those preferred free time activities. I have to agree, that during initial days when I was free to do anything, my mind did support me in doing many things.. But as days goes on, it slowly started being sluggish. I have to cheer myself and prevent from getting distracted often, and make a list of "to-dos" and keep an eye to be on track. Otherwise I am sure I will get lost during this ample free time. I am sure, if I practise this activity regulary, it will help me in continuing those preferred free time activities even during my busy working times.

This makes me wonder, how would it be getting a 2 months holiday every year as we would get during our school days? Perhaps, we all might turn into hobbysists and know more on what we like and can do by ourselves..
Have you ever been in times when you had ample free time after slogging sometime on your work? Pour in your thoughts & experiences at those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment